First of all, I like to say to everyone and your loved ones:
So we have that out of the way 🙂 let’s get back to creating beauty again…
Besides that I love fiberart, I also love sewing. Not so much clothing but quilts/wall hangings etc., smaller projects so I don’t get bored that fast 🙂
Today I went to Joanns since I have this poppies wallhanging quilt in my possession forever and the Christmas coupons from Joanns made it possible to buy the materials.
It was published a while ago in Sewing Savvy 2008 (discontinued) but if you are interested, thanks to the internet, you can still buy the pattern here for $3.29 free shipping PDF file.
So with the batting I already had in my stash, these are all the materials you need besides some embroidery floss (yellow) and your sewing tools.
- Top green is for the backing
- Dark green is for the outer border and binding
- Yellow is for the inner border
- Off white with a little gold in it is for the background behind the flowers
- And the two packages of yellow/red and light to dark green are for the leaves and poppies.
So this is what I am going to be busy with over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Most likely I will not finish it in 2 days but that’s ok 🙂
Again, Merry Christmas everyone!!! Be safe!!! xoxo